Favorite Sayings:
- Dear Jesus, thank you this one-ful day. Nish (nourish) bodies. Jesus. Amen
- Bubby wants to talk to you. Do you have a second to talk to Bubby, Dad?
- I'm busy working in my office. Maybe later.
- Look at that big poop. Do you like my big poop, Bubby?
- Is my baby here yet?
- I love you baby!
- No no Bubby. You're gonna get hurt.
- What we doin/where we goin after I wake up?
- The new Texas accent he's been testing out: Helyep, gayyess, Dayed
- Rylan isn't much of a singer, so it always surprises me when he starts singing and ends up singing an entire song that I didn't realize he knew. I've heard him sing, "Pharaoh, Pharaoh", "Let's Get it Started in Here", "Jericho", and "Praise Ye the Lord" (which was on repeat in the car for a while). When prompted to sing, he will still always resort to "Open, Shut Them."
- He also likes to make up jokes. He understands the format and will ask the basic Why did the _______ do ______? type question. But the punchline, of course, never makes sense. And usually the jokes will be about pirates or poop! :)
- Rylan has started recognizing a few letters. He doesn't know their names, but he always tells me that he see his letter, Emme's letter, or Daddy's letter (R, E, N)
- He has decided that he wants to read books in his bed before naptime. He doesn't want me to read to him anymore. He just wants his tub of books and his library books. He will read for a few minutes, throw them on the floor and then go to sleep.
- He also has randomly started sleeping with things at night: his lion (I think the current name is Felipe), his car, Buzz, and 3 plastic frogs. RANDOM!! :)
- Anytime we are at the park, if a car pulls up, Rylan says, "Look Mom, more friends" or "My friends are here." It's so funny to me that he assumes every kid is his friend and came just to play with him.
- I am always amazed at the things that Rylan remembers. A few examples:
- At dinner one night, Nick mentioned Chuck E Cheese and Rylan said, "We need to go back there and play that big frog game." He was referrring to the last time we were there in December (4 months ago).
- While playing with a small light up toy, Rylan mentioned getting the toy at Meme and Pawpaw's church. (He got this toy at Awana in April of last year...11 months ago). On this note, I will say that I think gifts are one of his love languages. I am pretty sure he could tell you the giver and occassion for every toy in our house!
- If he is watching TV, he wants Ransom to sit and cuddle with him. He will put his arm around Ransom and kiss the top of his head.
Ransom
Favorite Sayings: Ransom is on the brink of a lot of new words. He is starting to get very frustrated when he can't get us to understand what he is saying. We are often confused because he has a few words that mean four or five different things.
- Yaya: This word primarily means "lovey" now. He can say, "Elmo", "Emme", and "Bubba", but still refers to those as "Yaya" if he is too excited to slow down and use their names.
- Oo-ee: (Shooeey)
- Peepee: Grabs it and names it whenever we change his diaper
- Elmo, bubba, Emme, Mommy, Daddy, JJ, Nana, Poppa/Pawpaw, Meme, Bible, uh-oh
- "Asses": This means glasses, ashes/ashes (as in Ring around the rosie), or "I see"
- We have also heard him say a few random things like ice cream and hot dog
- The other day, I was in the bathroom and Ransom started trying to put the plunger in the toilet. I said, "No no, Bubba. We're not going to use that right now. Put it back please." Ransom obeyed, whimpered, and walked out of the bathroom. A few seconds later, I went to find him and he was sitting in his time out chair. I guess he thought he needed a little self-imposed time out! Haha! ")
- He has started his own variation of "the pout." If he is told no about something, he will look at you with the saddest face and puppy dog eyes. He will then proceed to find whatever chair, couch, bed, or shelf is nearby and go bury his face in it for a second. It is seriously hilarious!! When he combines it with the "I'm trying not to cry lip quiver," we are in serious trouble!!
- He LOVES to get in the car by himself and climb into the front seat and "drive the car." His driving is always accompanied by a fun little head bob and dance.
- He has decided that he likes to help cook like his big brother. The other day, I was just heating something up in the microwave, and before I finished, he had pulled one of the chairs over to the counter, climbed up in it (which I didn't even know he could do by himself) and was sitting waiting to help.
- I am pretty sure the song, "Anything he can do, I can do better," is constantly playing in his head. If Rylan says it or does it, Ransom attempts it. And he cries and gets his feelings soooo hurt if he is not allowed to do things (like get in the car or walk in the store) on his own!
No comments:
Post a Comment