Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day

This is one of those "holidays" that I never really know how to celebrate!  I always love the idea of holidays ahead of time and of crafts, and special treats, and surprises!  But, I never really have the forethought to pull anything like that off.  This year, we had our besties over for a playdate, so that helped me to plan a couple of "extra" things that I wouldn't have done without them!
  • We had chocolate chip heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
  • The boys took a bath and then followed a chocolate candy trail to their bathroom where their Valentine's present was waiting..new toothbrushes and toothpaste!  Thrilling, I know, but they were excited about it!  :)
I don't have any pictures of those two things, but I did manage to capture a few of the rest of the day's activities!

Making Cards

Making heart shaped sugar cookies

The entire crew (This is the best shot I could get)

Making pizzas for lunch

Eating lunch

Decorating cookies

Eating cookies


Poor kids...it looks like they spent their entire day sitting at that picnic table!  Don't be fooled!  There was also lots of running around, screaming, playing, and movie watching that took place!!  The party lasted all day and I think all of the kiddos (and mommies) had a fun time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment