Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random Happenings

  • Last week, Rylan decided to add the short "a" to the end of some words, so for a few days we heard a lot of "bye a," "mom ya," no a," and "no waya!"  No idea where this came from!!
  • We went to Arkansas last week to visit Meme and Pawpaw.  One day we met Meme at Hobby Lobby to walk around.  I pushed Rylan in the cart while carrying Ransom in the Baby Bjourn.  At some point, Rylan sort of turned his head up to the ceiling, shook his head from side to side, while saying, "Ahhhhhh!!"  Well. Bubba thought this was HILARIOUS...cackled out loud!!  So, Rylan, forever the entertainer, continued the same motion trying to get Ransom to laugh.  This is now the "go to joke" that Rylan has for Ransom, so he repeats it anytime we ask him to make Bubba laugh.
  • Rylan has started having diaper issues. (Well, if we're being honest it's not so much diaper issues as much as it is "hands down his pants" issues.  I may have to devote an entire blog to that, so I'm not even going to unload it all right here).  3 times now, I have found him with his diaper down his pants leg!!  The first time, I got him a new diaper..no problem.  The second time, he had climbed in the bathtub and peed before I could get a new diaper on him.  The 3rd time, he ended up wetting his pants!  Operation "hands out of pants" is now in full effect!
  • Twice today, I looked up to find Ransom in a totally different spot than where I had placed him!!  Both times, he started out in the middle-left of the living room.  One time, I found him kicking the recliner.  The next time, he was on the tile in front of the fireplace!!  He's not crawling, just rolling and stretching a lot!!  A lot of times, when he is on his belly, he will lay the side of his face on the carpet (like he's taking a little break), then he will bury his face, curl up his knees and then flatten back out.  Sometimes, he stumbles upon some forward motion with this "inchworm" move! 
  • Rylan is really starting to talk A LOT.  I'm hearing new words everyday and also lots of word combinations.  Some of his new favorites:
    • Yumeyumeyume ("yummy")
    • Ah doe (Where'd he go..complete with arm shrug)
    • Ta do, Mommy (Thank you, Mommy)
    • MY Bubba (He wants to make sure that everyone knows that Ransom is HIS)
    • Meme house
    • Home
    • Apple Juice
    • Otay Bubba (It's okay, Bubba!!  He's such a compassionate little boy!)
    • Bye Peepee (When we flush the toilet)
    • Pay (play)

No comments:

Post a Comment