I just had the following conversation with Rylan. He had said "outside" and then did his sign for "airplane." The conversation went like this.
Me: oh yeah...the airplanes are outside. Who made the airplanes?
Rylan: God
Me: That's right. God made the airplanes. And who made the sky?
Rylan: God
Me: That's right. God made the sky. What about the grass?
Rylan: God...then he did his sign for "elephant."
Me: Elephant...Did God make the elephants too?
Rylan: Bible
Me: Oh ok...are there elephants in the Bible?
Rylan: Nods and then pats the end table.
Me: Do you pat the Bible at church?
Rylan: Nods and then says "Night night."
Me: Oh yeah...do you read the bible when you go night night?
Rylan: Nods
We then got ready for nap and I started carrying him to bed and he decided that he wanted to lay in my arms so I ask if he would like for me to sing him a song. And he nods, so I sing the song that I sang to him every night when he was a baby. I just started singing it to Ransom, too. I tried out another song for Ransom because I thought maybe this one was just for Rylan and that Ransom needed his own...but nothing else seemed to fit. So this is their song:
May the Lord bless and keep you.
May His face shine upon you,
And be gracious,
And give you peace.
Bless Ry (Ransom) indeed, open wide his horizons.
Bless Ry (Ransom) indeed, let your hand keep him from harm and pain.
Bless Ry (Ransom).
So, we talk about God and we sing songs about God and we read our bible, and I wonder if any of it is making sense to Rylan. And I wonder if it really matters right now when they are so young. And then God gives me a simple conversation with my son and shows Himself to be living and present in Rylan's sweet little heart and mind. And I rejoice..and I pray that the Lord would call Rylan and Ransom to Himself one day and that these sweet boys will then call this "God" their Lord and their Saviour and their Father and enjoy the great peace and blessing and joy that comes from that relationship. And until then, I pray that He would give me wisdom to know what to say and do to show Him to them!! Oh that I would be faithful to Him and these two precious boys that He has entrusted me with!!
The First 6 Weeks of School in Pictures
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment