- He is a techno tot to a tee. He loves to play on my phone, his mobigo, the computer, or Nick's ipad (his absolute favorite). He has learned to monitor his screen time throughout the day to ensure that he has plenty of time left for the Ipad when Nick gets home. He will say, "We better turn this TV off so we can play on the Ipad" or "We're not gonna watch a show when we wake up so we can play on Daddy's Ipad."
- Loves to play and watch baseball. Still loves Josh Hamilton even though he's an Angel now.
- Some words that I would use to describe him: planner, cautious, perfectionist, helper, obedient, rule follower, observant.
- Requests a quesadilla for lunch everyday.
- He is starting to ask more questions about death, heaven, whether or not he will die on a cross, etc.
- Emme and Ransom are his best friends.
- Coloring, drawing, writing his name...no thank you.
- I am learning that he is a very kinesthetic learner. A few activities that we have done lately that he has loved. Colored vinegar and baking soda, skittles in water, using tweezers to hunt for bugs in Easter grass, cornstarch and colored water (this batch of slime was a little more successful than our first batch), and making patterns with candy, sugar packets, crackers (things I could find in the pantry), and figuring out what objects are in a paper bag based on touch only.
- Can quote Deuteronomy 6: 4- 6, and is working on Psalm 121: 1-3
- Weather, the solar system, and dinosaurs are all topics that he has enjoyed learning about/talking about recently.
- While playing with a new birthday toy, Ransom came to "help." Rylan said, "It's okay with me cuz remember he shared his toys with me on his birthday."
- Daddy can fix it cuz he's the best worker in the United States of America.
- Yummiest grape juice I ever tasted.
- You know what'll entertain me, the computer.
- A conversation we had...it cracked me up the way he completed my sentences.
Rylan - "Yeah."
Me - "I was just" (interrupted by Rylan)
Rylan - "checking on me."
Me - "Yes. I wanted to make sure (Rylan interrupts again)
Rylan - "I wasn't grumpy."
- Efelant
- Instead of Nativity, "Activity" or "The stable that Bob built."
- While playing Candyland, "Shut my mouth", covering his mouth with his hand.
- At bedtime while Nick was out of town, "When you talk to Daddy tell him I said, "How was your day and I'm glad you got to Houston ok and what did you eat for lunch?"
- He had a conversation with Nick and said that God was kind of like a superhero?
- After inadvertently listening to talk radio for a 20 minute car ride, we got back in the car and he told me he didn't want music. I said, "Oh, you want me to turn it off so we can talk." Rylan responded, "No, I want to listen to the talking and the weather." Such a man...already wants talk radio.
***Not an exhaustive list, but if I don't post it now, I never will!
No comments:
Post a Comment