Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Reagan Kinley - 6, 7, and almost 8 months

It really, really, REALLY bothers me that I am not keeping up with a monthly post for Reagan.  It really has nothing to do with that whole, "poor unloved 3rd kid who never gets any attention/has any pictures of her first year of life" thing.  The whole issue (or at least it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) is lack of computer time.  Rylan's room time in the office has totally killed my blog.  Sigh, here is a long overdue update on our little princess.
  • You started blowing raspberries...hilarious because you puff up your cheeks and pucker your lips.  And sometimes, if you get upset you blow raspberries in the middle of cries.
  • You have mastered sitting up and it is definitely your favorite activity.  You are happy to tag along from room to room and sit and play with the boys. 
  • You only enjoy the exersaucer for about 5 minutes at a time.
  • Your latest trick is to move from a seated position to laying on your belly.  It's sort of a slow fall forward.
  • Once you are on the floor, you love to roll back and forth and stretch to reach toys.
  • You are still very uninterested in food.  You have tried sweet potatoes, apples, pears, avocado (which caused red splotches around her face), squash, and bananas.  At the most, you finish one cube (which even eating this much is rare).  But, within a few days of eating food daily, you end up very constipated and upset so we stop giving you food again to sort of reset things.
  • You are still nursing (which amazes me), but I would guess that you only eat about 15 or so ounces a day.  You wake up to eat around 5 and I still nurse you around 11 or 12 even if you don't wake up.  It just doesn't seem like you make up for it during the day if you miss that late night feeding so I know it's good for you to keep getting those calories.  (***Addendum...the past few nights you have been getting up every 3 hours.  I'm clueless as to why.)
  • You love to play with tags.  If you have a toy with a tag on it, you always gravitate toward playing with that tag.
  • You also are in the "chew on any piece of hard plastic that you can find" phase.
  • You don't really care to stand.  If we hold your hands and try to pull you up, you won't really try and put weight on your legs.
  • If you get really upset, between cries, you will babble, "Ah dadadadadada" in the most pathetic way possible.
  • You have now choked/gagged on a puff, a piece of MumMum, and a piece of Easter grass...two of the three episodes resulted in vomit.
  • You have started to lift your arms for me to pick you up or reach for me if someone else is holding you.  (I'm sort of your favorite person right now and I kinda love it)!
  • You love to wave your "excited arms" and you are just starting to try and open and close your hand in response to "bye bye."
  • You started scooting about 4 days ago.  Your technique is different from both of the boys.  You sort of put your arms out in front of you and pull yourself forward, flat on your tummy.  Somehow, it's different from the army crawl that your brothers started out with.
  • 6 month stats
    • Weight: 13.4 lbs (3%)
    • Height: 26 in (44%)
    • Head Circumference: 42 cm (36%)
  • If we are out in public, I will, undoubtedly, hear one of three comments: 1)  Look at those big, beautiful eyes, 2) Look at her kick her feet, or 3) What a happy baby!
  • You still love to ride around in the Baby Bjorn.
  • You have just been promoted to the umbrella stroller and you love to ride in that too.  You spend most of your time sitting upright looking around, instead of leaning back against the seat.
  • You took your inaugural trip in the wagon a few weeks ago and you loved that too.
  • My two favorite Reagan moments: 1) When you lay your head on my chest and suck your thumb and 2) When you lean over, grab my face and give me open mouth kisses on my mouth or chin.  Melts my heart every time.
  • We finally took away the bath pillow and you are loving bath time.  We fill the tub with just a little bit of water and let you sit and play with your toys.  You also love to fall onto your belly and move around.  I really think that you prefer solo bathtime, but it usually doesn't last long before your brothers want to join in the fun!
Wow, baby girl!  You've had a busy three months!!  Now that you are officially 8 months old on the blog, I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that you are not my 4 month old little baby anymore!!  And like I say every time, you are our sweet, flexible, happy, smiley, cuddly, petite princess and we adore you!!













1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I enjoyed the pictures of everyone.
    I remember losing my office to a bedroom. It caused a lot of stress and somethings that I did on a regular basis haven't returned even though I could have an office again if I wanted it. I wasn't blogging then, but I did have my own business that didn't work so well when I had no where to work.

    ReplyDelete