Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reagan Kinley - 4 and 5 months

Well, I never got around to a 4 month post, so here is a recap of a few of the things from last month's post. I'm glad I at least wrote those things down!


  • We are no longer swaddling you because 1) you were becoming a tangled mess in your blanket and 2) You were trying desperately to suck your hands and the blanket was getting in your way.
  • Now that we stopped swaddling, you have started sucking your thumb occassionally (in exactly the same way that Rylan did). I can't wait to see if we have another thumb sucker on our hands!
  • I have started laying you down awake at naptime. I sing you a song, lay you down, and turn on the mobile. You usually fall asleep on your own with minimal fussing, but I occassionally, have to go in and nurse you to sleep.
  • Another funny habit is that you pull up your pant legs. In the carseat, on the activity mat. It doesn't matter. If I lay you down, I will come back and find you with pants in your hands and up at your knees. Funny girl!

  • And, your 4th month also included a fun little milestone: ROLLING OVER.

    And at 5 months, you:
    • are DEFINITELY a thumb sucker.
    • celebrated Christmas Day with RICE CEREAL.  You didn't really care for the first few bites, but had no issues figuring out the whole spoon thing.
    • You are typically awake for 1 - 2 hours at a time.  During this time, you love your bouncy seat, exersaucer, playmat, being held, bumbo, and practicing your sitting skills.  You like each for about 10 minutes before you are ready to move on to the next thing.
    • I am not exaggerating when I say that your feet are moving ALL.THE.TIME.  My point is proven by the fact that anyone that holds you or sees you, makes a comment about it.
    • love to grab any toy within reach.
    • love to stick out your tongue and also make kissing noises.
    • love peek a boo, being sung to, being tickled, and kisses on your neck.
    • love to "fly"...a game sure to bring about giggles.
    • grab our faces and try to give kisses if we are in reach.
    • love to play with the tags on the activity mat.  You will roll onto your belly and scoot around until you can find the tags (you know, the paper manufacturer's tags) and chew on them.
    • you are always bright-eyed!  This is, by far, the trait that people comment on the most.  I can't tell you how many times I hear, "Look at those big, beautiful eyes!"
    • bury your head on our shoulder/chest for the best snuggles in the world.  This is probably our current favorite Reagan quality. 
    • are still our petite princess weighing in at 11 lbs 12 oz at 4 months and 12 lbs 9.6 oz at 5 months. (But, thankfully, you have almost found a weight curve to settle on so we are not 'quite' as concerned as we were before.)
    What can I say...we are completely smitten with you!!















    No comments:

    Post a Comment