Wednesday, June 6, 2012

32 Weeks

   The last time I wrote a pregnancy post was 8 weeks ago, so I thought would write another one.  And, if I continue the trend and wait another 8 weeks for the next one, our sweet little girl may already be here!! 
     I am tempted to list all of my symptoms and explain if each one is similar or different to my pregnancies with Rylan and Ransom, but I am not going to for several reasons.  For one, I don't have that kind of time!!  Also, I really don't remember how I was feeling or what symptoms I had with each of the boys at 32 weeks.  Not only is my recollection faded, but I think that symptoms are hidden/heightened depending on season of life, season of the year, # of pregnancy, etc.  For example. it is easy for me to say that I feel more hot/tired/achey than I did with the boys,  but it's my 3rd pregnancy during a Texas summer and I have two little boys that I am caring for...factors that I didn't have the other times.  With that being said, I think it would be easy for me to say that this pregnancy has been "harder", but I don't want Reagan to get a bad rap when so many circumstances are different.  So the whole point of that really long, rambling, pointless intro is to say, "Here's what going on at 32 weeks with Reagan Kinley.  I'm not telling you, if I experienced them with the boys or not."

  • I feel great and am probably in better shape than I have been in a while.  I am still loving Jazzercise and trying to go a couple of times a week.
  • My back is very achy.  A low, dull ache in the lower part of my back.  I could go for just an hour of stretching at Jazzercise because it helps work out the kinks so much.
  • I take a nap or rest for at least an hour or two during the boys naptime everyday.  A luxury I am sure that I won't have for much longer so I am living it up.
  • Poop...Am I allowed to talk about that on a blog?  I'll spare all of the details, but I will just say that the "frequency" and "consistency" of my digestion is much different from normal (or from my other pregnancies....I think it's safe to say that on this symptom because it is a marked difference)
  • Nighttime sleep is interesting these days.  I, typically fall asleep on the couch around 10.  I wake up, pee, and move to the bed around midnight.  I am up again around 2 or 3, depending on my bladder or if Ransom is crying.  At that point, it's a guessing game.  Often, I am unable to go to sleep again for a couple of hours.  If I do fall asleep, I usually wake up again around 5 for another trip to the bathroom.  Sleep after this point is also questionable depending on when Nick's alarms start going off.  And, usually at that 3 am or 5 am wake up time, I will move to the couch for another couple of hours.  My back seems to hurt less if I spend some time on the couch and some in bed than if I spend the whole night in bed!  And no worries, if I am not sleeping, I am resting.  I am not one of those people that decides to clean or do laundry just because I can't sleep!  If I really can't sleep, I may read or watch TV in an effort to go back to sleep, but nothing more active than that!!
  • Reagan moves a lot and I love it!  She flips, flops, pushes, and stretches.  I haven't noticed any consistency to times of day/positions/activity that seem to make her move more or anything.  I just know she moves.  And she definitely moves at those 12 am, 3 am, 5 am times that I am awake!
  • My food preferences are basically the same.  Crackers over candy.  Meat over cheese.  Veggies over fruit.  And I love my chips and queso as always!
I guess those are the biggies.  Emotionally, I would say:
     1.  I can't wait to see what Reagan looks like.  It's been a long time since there was a McEuen or Srader girl. 
     2.  I feel like Reagan will come early for some reason.  Not early like 36 weeks or anything, I just think that she will be safely a July baby.  Of course, this could be wishful thinking because 8 weeks of pregnancy seems like a long time.
     3.  Sometimes, I am totally overwhelmed by life, laundry, piles, projects.  And the thought of how all of those things will be with a 3rd can send me over the edge.  Other days, I can let it all go and enjoy time with the family amidst all of the piles without a care in the world.  I think that's more motherhood than pregnancy though, right?
    4.  Definitely going to need to start thinking about labor and getting my head in the game for another natural labor soon.  I need to start thinking warm, fuzzy, relaxing thoughts because right now I think more, "ow", "I'm tired", "I don't think I've got another one in me" thoughts!!  :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment