- Rylan's current favorite phrases seem to be "I don't know" and "Two more minutes, Mom!"
- Rylan loves to play chase, football, hide-and-seek, and baby. A few comments on how these games work:
- Football starts with the phrase, "Seven, eight..hut, hut!" He then runs off and usually falls down before I even have the chance to tackle him!
- For hide-and-seek, he always directs who needs to count and who's going to hide. He'll say, "Daddy, you and Bubba go count. Me and mommy go hide!" When he counts, it's usually "7, 8...ready or not, here me come!" And then, when he starts looking, it is often accompanied by a pondering finger pointed to his lip, and "Hmmm...let me see!" His hiding skills have progressed in that 1) He is willing to hide somewhere OTHER than the place he just FOUND the hider and 2) He actually waits a few seconds before he starts screaming and giggling and disclosing his location!
- His routine for "baby" is to wrap me up in a blanket, bring me food (being sure to remind me that it's just "pretend, Mom") and then singing me a song (usually "Open Shut Them") so that I can sleep. And then we, of course, reverse roles!!
- Ransom loves to participate in all of these games. All I have to do is say, "Bubba, want to chase Rylan?" and his arms are flapping for me to pick him up and carry him for the chase!! And, he's just started "seeking" on his own...walking through the house saying, "Yaya!"
- Ransom also loves to play chase. I just look at him and say, "Raan-soom, what are you doing?" And he looks at me, grins, and starts giggling and heading the opposite direction. I get the same response, when I ask him if he needs a new diaper!
- The other day, Rylan kissed Nick and said, "I kissed your forehead, Dad!" Nick responded, "You sure did...I didn't know you knew that word!" Rylan replied, "I know all my words, Dad"! The statement proves truer every day!! I still can't get over how much he is talking!!
- Ransom loves to wander around with paci in his mouth, carrying lovey!! It is pretty much the cutest thing! If he doesn't have those items and we tell him it is time to go "nite nite", he heads off to find them!
- Today, I walked into the living room, to find Ransom crawling head first OUT of the cube shelf!! Apparently, he managed to crawl in it and behind it, then turn around and come out all while I was helping Rylan go poop, which leads to my next bullet point!
- Anytime, Rylan needs to go poop, he says, "Go away, Mom!" Well, he has started getting down and running out of the bathroom by himself instead of calling me to tell me he is done. Not that big of deal, until today. His tummy must be a little agitated because he's pooped twice, both a little "messier" than usual, and resulting in poop getting all over the toilet seat when he climbs down. Nice! He did point at it and say, "Sorry poop, Mom!" Haha...he is so hilarious!
- Ransom has decided that MOMS and BSF are okay places, and dives out of my arms when we get there! Rylan has decided that he doesn't like to be gone from Mommy, and cries and cries, wraps himself around me, and says, "No Mommy, no Mommy! Take me home!" AWESOME....maybe one day they will both decide to like these places at the same time!!
- I find it completely adorable that Ransom will take his paci out of his mouth to say, "Dada" or "Nana" and then instantly put it back in!!
The First 6 Weeks of School in Pictures
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment